Status of Capital Campaign
The capital campaign was originally designed as a five-year phased stewardship program that is now approaching year seven as noted below.
- Six “Pilot” Parishes have completed Year 7 of campaign (began September 2004)
- Seventeen parishes of “Parish Bloc 1” completing Year 7 of campaign in the spring of 2012
- Remainder of parishes in “Parish Bloc 2” will complete Year 7 of campaign in the fall of 2012
It is important to note that even though we are well-past the “end” of the campaign (indeed,
of our donors have paid-off pledge balances) the campaign will continue well-beyond the projected five-year term. This is because nearly
have had to extend their campaign pledge payments past the original five-year time period in order to better accommodate personal financial situations.
Campaign Goals for Parishes
At the onset of the capital campaign all parishes were also assigned a fundraising goal. The goal set for each parish is very important because under the parameters of the campaign, the promised
(“give back”) to each parish of the total donations received is as follows:
- Donations received up to 100% of campaign goal = 25% of funds returned to parish (redemption rate is 25¢ of every dollar raised).
- Donations received greater than 100% of campaign goal = 75% of funds returned to parish (redemption rate is 75¢ of every dollar raised).
Listed below is parish attainment of campaign goal as of April 1, 2012.
- 47 Parishes have now reached or surpassed 100% of Goal
(return of funds to these parishes now 75¢ of every dollar contributed)
- 12 Parishes have now reached 75-99% of Goal
- 19 Parishes have now reached 50-74% of Goal
- 9 Parishes remain at less than 50% of Goal
From the above-noted figures, more than
of our parishes have exceeded their assigned campaign goal. This means that these 47 parishes are now seeing seventy-five cents of every dollar contributed to the campaign returned to the respective parish!
Keep in mind that each parish determines how to use its portion of the campaign funds.